With recent activity developing in and around the downtown core, it’s important for us to remind our members how to remain safe while enjoying their activities throughout the day. Incase you happen to be in a situation where you don’t know what to do, keep these handy tips in mind.
- During the day if you’re meeting with one of our personal trainers, be sure togive them a text that you’re on your way! Our door will remain locked to ensure no unexpected guests come in and interrupt your workout.
- Finished class? Remain inside until your parents have come to pick you up!
- Did you forget it’s a holiday? Is the studio locked with no one home? If you do find yourself stuck in this situation and your ride has driven off, our friends at E.V.O Kitchen will let you hangout and use their phone so you can call for a ride.
- If anyone suspicious is hanging around the studio or peering inside, let your instructor know and do not engage
- If you’re out and about and you are approached/followed by a suspicious individual, be sure to do the following:
- Keep your distance and do not engage
- Know your exits
- Get as many details as you can (i.e. body type, gender, hair colour or if they have a vehicle, make and model of their car, # of doors, colour … and don’t forget their license plate!)
- Call 911
- If you are in a public place, you have the right to warn them and begin recording the situation (video is best!)
- Go out in pairs!
- Do not wear your headsets while walking outside. Be aware of your surroundings
- Walk with confidence
(Advice provided by one of our local police officers)