Need a bit of a butt-kick? This one is guaranteed to make you sweat. Simply set your timer and go!Read more
In-home or at the Gym!
This is the perfect quick in-home workout or even a burnout at the end of your regular fitness routine. Just be sure to start with a proper warm-up and stay hydrated!Read more
Quarantine Bodyweight Circuit
Need a bit of a kick to get yourself back on track with your healthcare regime? Here’s a simple bodyweight circuit that requires no equipment (with an option to add bands or weights) to get you up and moving!
Be sure to wear comfortable clothing, proper running shoes, and stay hydrated!Read more
What is a fitness assessment?
Why are we hosting this?
How do you register?
- Kids (10-13): $5 (no tax)
- Club Members – $10 (no tax)
- Non-members – $15 (no tax)
Age restrictions for this assessment are:
- Youngest: 10 years
- Oldest: 65+
- Indoor running shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Registration fee
- Fitness mat (some will be provided)
- A wickedly positive attitude!!
Cinnamon Cheesecake Pumpkin Spice Bites
Shalini is one of our parents here at Kazoku Martial Arts Centre. Her son and daughter as well as her husband participate in our martial arts classes 2-4x per week. She’s always recommending Keto Friendly recipes and even her traditional Guyanese style dishes (which are SUPER delicious by the way!). Check out her latest pick below!
Please note: the recipes we share are referred to us by our clients and club members. All recipes are referenced accordingly at the bottom of the page with a link to their website.
Protein Bite Ingredients:
(This is a no-bake recipe)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin purée, like this one
- 4 tbsp to 6 tbsp sweetener of choice (to taste) Baker’s Blend Stevia works well
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla whey
- ⅓ cup minced walnuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes or until firm enough to roll
- In a medium bowl combine all the coating ingredients and stir together. Set aside
- Roll your mixture into golf-ball sized balls
- Dip in mixture
MAKES 7 SERVING
Macros (2 per serving):
Here’s another pick from our wonderful Lori .P. She’s highly recommending this recipe and says she makes it every night for her and her family because it’s to die for! So check it out and let us know what you think by commenting below and sharing on Facebook.
Skillet Chicken Pizza
- 1 ½ pounds bone-in chicken thighs (or other bone-in chicken pieces)
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon (or pancetta), cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained – these are dried flower buds – they give a nice salty taste!
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (use more or less, depending on how spicy you like it)
- 14 ounces canned whole plum tomatoes – I use a 28oz can
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes – I have used fresh field and roma tomatoes too!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus 1 large sprig of basil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. I use a heavy skillet and put it on the BBQ instead of the oven
- Add the chopped bacon (or pancetta) to a large oven-proof skillet (I used a 10″ for a two-person meal) and cook over medium-high heat until crisp and golden brown. Transfer the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- If the pan is a little dry, add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes — they should be well-browned on all sides but not cooked through. Transfer the chicken thighs to the plate with the bacon. (Don’t drain the pan at any point!)
- Add the garlic, capers, and chile flakes to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, the large sprig of basil, and the oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the tomatoes break down and the sauce thickens a bit. It helps to smash the tomatoes a bit with the back of a spatula or spoon as they cook.
- Add the bacon and chicken thighs back to the pan, and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Turn the broiler on high. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and sprinkle them over the top of the skillet. Place the skillet under the broiler for about 2 minutes — watch carefully! Take it out as soon as the cheese bubbles and browns.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh basil over the skillet. Serve over baby spinach or other greens.
This week’s pick is from Denise. She’s a dedicated fitness enthusiast who never stops. She’s always looking for a new challenge and finding ways to better her health; from running, to group fit, personal training, to cooking. So here’s her pick for this week’s Client’s Pick.
Sheet Pan Balsamic-Herb Chicken and Vegetables
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- olive oil spray
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium (7-ounce) zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, layers separated
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment, if desired.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon balsamic, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Marinate while you prep the vegetables, the longer the better.
- In a large bowl toss the vegetables with 2 tablespoon balsamic, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, 2 teaspoon basil and 1 teaspoon parsley.
- Spread out onto the sheet pan.Nestle the chicken in with the vegetables and roast until tender in the lower rack of the oven, about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve right away.
- Let the cooked dish cool completely.
- Portion it into freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in a 325°F oven until warmed through 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece chicken, 1 cup veggies
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 4
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 251
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Sodium: 557.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 28.5g