While we had been planning on going to Japan in 2021 we have obviously had to put a bit of a slight pause on our trip. As the world continues to handle the pandemic accordingly, we are obviously going to hold off travelling in a large group anytime soon.
Now I know everyone has been wondering what the plan is, so here is where my mind has been over the course of the last six months:
- Global lockdown and borders closing
- Postponing fundraising due to economy affecting local households
- Postponing our bigger events due to social distancing
- Keeping in touch with our head instructors to find out what Seiwa Kai is going to do
- Waiting to hear when the Olympics will happen (we want to avoid being in Tokyo when that’s happening)
Now I am aware if I were to ask if you wanted to still go to Japan at this moment, you might say “no“. I just want to suggest holding off on your decision until we officially know what’s going to happen with the world. Once we do and we can propose a new timeline, please give me your decision then and we can reform our group with who wishes to go.
I’m not 100% sure what travelling in Japan will be like, it was complicated enough! And now with current protocols… it just makes it that much more confusing. But here is a link to the current status of the country as they plan on figuring out their international borders with the Olympic Games just around the corner (again).
Lastly, and this is just a thought, but any of our students who were originally going might have a cool opportunity if they attain their brown belt one year prior to the trip. If they get enough practice ahead of time and receive not just mine, but our head instructor’s blessing, they could potentially do their Shodan (black belt) exam in Japan. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime and something to think about.